Child licensing only applies to performers aged 16 and below.

Please note that both the Own Choice and Set Piece classes in the Drama Festival will be

scheduled during the school day.


If your child is performing as part of a school group then the school will cover all aspects of child licensing on your behalf.


If your child is entering as an individual not entered by the school then he / she will require to be covered by a performance licence. The child's parent or guardian is liable to apply to the local council covering their home postcode. To check which council covers you, please go to the government website where you will be directed accordingly.

For those entrants who will be performing outside school hours, we only require the information requested on the festival entry form.

to be reviewed prior to being made public

Licensing Information

FOR INDIVIDUALS TAKING PART IN CLASSES OUT OF SCHOOL HOURS: all that’s required is the specific information listed on the form – the name, D.O.B., house number and postcode, daytime school detail.

FOR INDIVIDUALS ENTERING CLASSES SCHEDULED FROM 9:00 – 15:00 (DURING THE SCHOOL DAY)As well as the information requested on the form, parents of such entrants are required to apply in advance for their own individual license (at least 21 days in advance of the Eisteddfod). This is a free service and can be completed on-line at

FOR SCHOOLS – Any Local Authority, Academy, Free or Private school.        For this category individual names, D.O.B’s, addresses, etc. are not required!   However, the Eisteddfod must be informed of the classes and number of children taking part; in addition, and most importantly, the number of chaperones that will be accompanying them.Where an individual or small ensemble (e.g. a quartet) is being entered through a school it would be helpful to know names for these specific children so they can be listed as appropriate in the programme. N.B. Schools will need to mark registers with children’s absence from school to take part in the Eisteddfod with a “V”. Further information/clarification on licensing requirements can be obtained by contacting either the Eisteddfod or NCC’s Educational Inclusion & Partnership Team